'Sustainable Fashion, also called eco fashion, focuses on the environmental impact of the clothing. It focuses on how different fibers and production methods negatively impact the environment, and seeks to create circular system that lessens the human impact on the environment through the consumption of clothing.' - nosidebar.com
At petitTembo we believe that we have a responsibility to not only create clothing that feels good and last long but also to ensure that its creation didn’t happen at the expense of people and planet.
- we only use organic cotton that is grown and milled in the USA. organic cotton is not treated with herbicides, insecticides and pesticides. organic growing systems replenish and maintain soil fertility, build biologically diverse agriculture, and use far less water. this makes our garments better for a childs’ skin and better for the environment.
- our fabric is dyed with low impact dyes, using only non-radioactive, heavy metal free, fiber reactive dyes in a closed-loop system where water is continually recycled. fiber bleaching is done by hydrogen peroxide derived from apples for our whites.
- we design and make our clothes locally, here in Vancouver, Canada where we have close relationship based on mutual respect with people who make our garments; who work in an ethical workplace that promotes fair wages and environmental sustainability.
- we are fully committed to not using plastic in our packaging and in the entire production process of our garments.
- we also created an Upcycle Program - through which we take back our previously loved t-shirts and pullovers and make sure they are either properly recycle, reused or donated to live another life.
to prevent waste we choose to produce limited quantities without following any fashion calendar or trends. Our collection consists of high quality essentials that can be worn year-round. Designed to last and sustain multiple lifecycles.
We believe that what we buy and wear is a statement of our values: an opportunity to dress ourselves and our children in what we believe in. Placing people, the planet and animals at the forefront while creating a positive impact in the world.